The following are the criteria against which grant applications are considered:
• Applications to the fund can only be made for Religious Education (RE) resources about Christianity. These can include textbooks, bibles, teacher resources, artefacts, CD-ROMs, DVDs and online subscriptions for use in RE lessons. Only resources which focus solely on the Christian religion are eligible.
• The maximum size of grant that can be awarded is £600. Schools which receive a grant will not be eligible to apply for a further award from the fund until two years have elapsed after the date the grant is made. There is no benefit in applying for less funding than you actually require; we regularly award the full grant amount.
• A maximum of £250 out of the £600 available grant can be used to purchase examination resources. The balance (or the full grant amount) may be used for non-examination resources.
• Please ensure that the resources requested could not be purchased from within the allocated RE budget for the school, in the current and subsequent year, unless this grant is awarded.
• When funding decisions are made, the quality and shelf-life of resources, and the number of pupils that will benefit from them, will be taken into account.
• One year on from receiving the grant, the school agrees to complete a report form which will be sent to the school by email on how the resources were used and how they improved the teaching of Christianity in the school both from teachers’ and pupils’ points of view. Evidence from staff or children, including pictures or examples of work produced, should be collected throughout the year. These details will form the basis of a report to Trustees and the trust’s education partners who maintain a keen interest in the present state and future development of RE.
All applications will be acknowledged and successful applicants will be informed in writing once a decision has been made. Please note that we anticipate receiving a large number of applications and, regretfully, will be unable to make a grant in response to every one of them.
The fund is not intended for use towards the purchase of resources for assemblies, personal, spiritual or social development, computer hardware, consumables, gift giving, prayer areas, reflection gardens or other school activities such as visits, specialist workshops, visitors or teacher training, for example.